FusionInventory plugin for GLPI 0.84+3.0
The FusionInventory plugin for GLPI maintainers (ddurieux and kiniou) are glad to announce the 0.84+3.0 release.
This version brings the following new features:
- [GENERAL] Remove the use of mcrypt PHP extension which are obsolete
- [AGENT] add possibility to define a different port of an agent, if not defined use port defined in general option
- [TASK] for netinventory and netdiscovery, you will see in end of job the number of devices inventoried and found
- [TASK] Add button to force end all taskjobs of a task
- [COMPUTER INVENTORY] Move general option ‘automatic computer transfer entity’ in entity configuration/form
- [COMPUTER INVENTORY] Improve detection of virtual machine
- [COMPUTER INVENTORY] Enhance computer inventory, mainly for update softwares
- [NETINVENTORY] Remove SNMP model creation menu, as SNMP models are now obsoletes
It also fix many bugs, see changelog for details.
Last, it also provides better performances, and our small test setup is able to process 13.2 computer inventories per second.
We are already working on next version for GLPI 0.85, with the following features:
- possibility to lock a field for an item type
- automatic deletion of agent after X days without contacting the server
- selection of SNMP authentications and ordering for network discovery
- tasks rewrite (not finished)
- cleanup remaining references to SNMP models
We’re also working on a REST API for a universal FusionInventory server. More info in a few months.