The FusionInventory Agent maintainers are proud to announce the 2.4-rc2 FusionInventory agent windows installer release.
You can download this windows dedicated installer from the following github releases page:
See download instructions for details.
Since last 2.3.21 release, many bug fixes and enhancements have been accumulated, such as:
- an important fix related to deployment task has been fixed by David Durieux.
- This should fix agent not able to get files from FusionInventory server or via P2P.
- windows local user is no more changed while user has logged out his computer
- windows licenses are now also read via WMI so we can report newer MS Office installed licences
- better timeout handling on few Inventory tasks, mostly for WMI requests under win32
- NetDiscovery/NetInventory tasks has also been improved:
- Digi modems and simcards detection
- iLO card are supported
- pci & usb included databases are updated
- 7zip has been updated, so antivirus won’t complain about unsafe program in installer
- the installer is now using NSIS v3.02 which provides better Windows 10 support
- if you choose another installtion directory from the installer, this now will
work. Before this would only work with
/installdiroption in silent installation.
- and some more…
Check the Changes file for more details.
This release candidate also introduces a new and important feature: remote windows inventory via WMI
Actually this feature is only available throught the
fusioninventory-wmi dedicated script. For example, you can compare local inventories by running these 2 commands
from an admin console:
fusioninventory-wmi --config=none --local=- -h 127.0.0.1 >local-only-via-wmi.xml
We would appreciate any feedback regarding this feature !!
We would like to thank Thomas Lornet & Guillaume Bougard from Teclib Editions for this work.
Don’t forget we have opened a Userecho suggestion site where you can want to submit your ideas or whishes for the future of FusionInventory agent and/or plugin for GLPI.
Don’t hesitate to participate by voting or even put your 2 cents !
Still many thanks to all our community, users and contributors !