fusioninventory.vbs is a VBS script used to:
- Download the fusioninventory Windows installer
- Remove OCS Inventory Agent
- Install or upgrade FusionInventory
To use this script, you must first download the script and then edit it. The first lines of the script must be adjusted for your configuration:
versionverification = "2.2.6-1" fusionarguments = "/S /server=http://server1/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/ /rpc-trust-localhost /runnow" ' Depending on your needs, you can use either HTTP or Windows share 'fusionsetupURL = "\\server1\data\fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_" & versionverification & ".exe" fusionsetupURL = "http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/windows-i386/fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_" & versionverification & ".exe" uninstallocsagent = "yes"
- versionverification: the version of fusioninventory to install
- fusionarguments: the command line argument for the Windows installer)
- fusionsetupURL: the location of the Windows installer binary (either HTTP or Windows share)
- uninstallocsagent: “yes” if OCS Agent has to be removed
You can use this script to:
- run a silent installation on a given machine
- deploy the agent on your network using psexec
- prepare a GPO to deploy the agent on all the machines of the Windows domain
Run a silent installation on a given machine
Just double clic on the script or run from a command console:
Deploy the agent on your network using psexec
To run the fusioninventory.vbs script on a machine computer1
psexec -u domain\user \\computer1 cscript \\foo\share\script.vbs
Or if you want to run the install on all the computer of your domain:
psexec -u domain\user \\* cscript \\foo\share\script.vbs
GPO to deploy the agent on all the machines of the Windows domain
Create a GPO and copy the script within and associate the fusioninventory.vbs script. The GPO has to be configured to run during machine start up.
You may be interested by these two GPO templates:
Alternative VBS script
An alternative script maintained by ZenAdm also exists.
This script is still experimental but it is already much easier to understand.