This installer is outdated and unmaintained.
You should use the new 2.3 branch now.
Get the installer
The file name convention is:
- FusionInventory Agent version (e.g: 2.2.5)
- a - (dash)
- the package revision. e.g: 2, for the 2nd installer generated for the 2.2.5 release
The installer can be used either on 32 or 64 bit Windows.
- Enter the full URL to your server.
- You can configure a key word to be able to sort out your machine later (TAG).
- Enter here an optional HTTP login and password. This is unrelated with GLPI.
- Enter the full path to you certificat file. This is important only if you use HTTPS.
- This check box will disable the HTTPS certificat check.
- You can configure here a HTTP proxy. For example, proxy:3128
- This is the port of the HTTP service of the agent. You need to change it on the server too.
- This check box will increase a lot the verbosity of the agent. The log is available in the agent-log.txt file.
- The installer can configure the Firewall for you if you want to allow connection on RPC port.
Installer command line parameters
/help Display this help. The space in front of /help is mandatory! /S Run setup in silent mode /installdir=dirname Set installation directory of agent /server=url1,url2 Set url of server /tag=tagame Set tag of agent /user=username Set username /pass=password Set password /realm=realm Set realm /ca-cert-file=filename Set filename of certificate /no-ssl-check No certificate check when establishing SSL connection /proxy=http://proxy/ Set proxy /debug Set debug mode /rpc-port Set RPC port number /scan-homedirs Look for virtual machines in home directories /runnow Run agent after end of installation /update-firewall Update the Firewall to register the agent /execmode=option launch the agent with a service(service)/windows task scheduler(task)/or keep settings unchanged(none) (default is service)
To pass the parameters, do for example:
fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_2.x.x-1.exe /S /debug /runnow /server=https://server1/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/
this mean that i want to install fusioninventory in silent mode, run an inventory after installation, and send the inventory by https
fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_2.x.x-1.exe /S /debug /runnow /server=http://server1/glpi/plugins/fusioninventory/
The same as above but with a plain http connection
And installation directory of the agent can be changed via command-line as below:
fusioninventory-agent_windows-i386_2.x.x-1.exe /S "/installdir=C:\Program Files\FusInv" Edit Upgrade with FusionInventory Deploy
If you upgrade the agent with FusionInventory Deploy and the agent is launched with a Service, you will need an agent > 2.2.0-2 and the /execmode=none parameter. This way, the agent won’t remove or add service or update the Tasks Scheduler setting. So you will keep the previous settings.
A page is dedicated to explain how to deploy the agent on a Windows domain.
Installation from sources
If you are an developer, or an advanced user, you can also install FusionInventory from sources.